Marcia Mayne, of Inside Journeys, left a note that she’s given me a Liebster Award.
The Liebster, she says, originated in Germany. It means “beloved.” And it’s designed to bring attention to blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
I appreciate Marcia’s generosity, especially considering what I did to her pie.
A few weeks later, I made it again, but this time I strayed. For whipped cream, I substituted plain Greek yogurt.
Less fat, you know.
Here’s the rub: Whipped cream holds its shape. Attacked with a knife, it yields slices.
Yogurt, on the other hand, weeps. Forget the knife. Go straight for a spoon.
And then there’s the taste: Yogurt just ain’t whipped cream.
So to Marcia, and to all competent cooks everywhere, I apologize.
Yogurt did not work, it does not work, it will not work, don’t try it.
But do try the Fresh Strawberry Pie.
Now back to the Liebster Award, which I’m passing along to five other bloggers. (I can’t certify the recipients have fewer than 200 followers, so I’m making wild assumptions.)
Here are the rules:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet.
I present the Liebster Award to these five bloggers:
- Ariana at Pearl’s Twirl
- Mary Ann at Loesch’s Muse
- Heather Justesen
- Nancilynn at Nancilynn’s Blog
- Andrea S. Michaels, a writer in Belfast
So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good. ~ Helen Keller
Now I’m off to tell these bloggers about their awards.